Introducing Justice Hermela!

First of all, I apologize that it has taken me over 2 months to post. While we were in Ethiopia, Blogger didn’t work at all (I was there with Justice for 6 weeks!) and since we have been home…well, we have been super busy falling into what I fondly call “Our new normal”.

All that to say…. (and better late than never)We are super excited and proud (more than words could possibly describe) to announce the LONG AWAITED arrival of our Daughter…… Justice Hermela Mathews!  She is 25+ lbs of energy and love and fun…spunky, smart, beautiful! And did I mention spunky?Justice is everything we dreamed she would be (and MORE!) And while we have had some behavior challenges (which are to be expected) she has adjusted quickly her new American lifestyle.

IMG_6082

Justice’s first night in her new bed at home.  12/2010

She is learning English VERY quickly (so smart!),  loves Barney, Dora, and Elmo, she sleeps through the night in her own bed and LOVES to eat, (although we are still working on those pesky fruits and vegetables!)  She loves her dogs (which we were worried about) and going “car bye-bye” to the mall, the park, the gym…wherever…She loves to go!

I have half way completed her little video featuring pictures we received while waiting, pictures taken while in Ethiopia and a few of the first shots taken at home which I promise to post very soon. and I hope to be blogging about the final steps of our adoption journey (which was full of challenges) and of course, about the life changing 6 weeks I spent in Addis Ababa.

Previous Story
Next Story

You Might Also Like

8 Comments

Alison
    January 13, 2011 at 1:29 pm

Oh my goodness, Justice is just PRECIOUS!!! So glad that she is home!! I have been wondering about ya'll!! Can't wait to hear all the details!! Congratulations on your beautiful daughter!!

Dixie Mom
    January 13, 2011 at 1:31 pm

So exciting! Can't wait to see the video. Congratulations…truly a great announement.

michele
    January 13, 2011 at 1:50 pm

I LOVE her hair!!!!!!! She is SO cute!!! Oh my goodness! Congrats! So happy for you guys!!!!

Sweet Patience
    January 13, 2011 at 3:38 pm

Congratulations! She is absolutely beautiful and I know that you feel like you are on top of the world. It is a journey, however, I think in the end, everyone says you kind of forget about the long wait through the process.

Tracy
    January 13, 2011 at 9:45 pm

She's gorgeous! I understand about settling into the new normal…it takes time! 🙂 So fun!

Can't wait to see the video!

Jen
    January 15, 2011 at 9:31 am

Beauitful little girl! So happy for you. She sounds a lot like Bella! Starting the paperchasing/gathering for baby # 5, adoption #2.

Vic
    January 26, 2011 at 7:13 am

PRAISE GOD!!!! That's so awesome! Congratulations on your new bundle of joy! We still cannot wait to get our shirts that were bought in support of her journey. :]

Lindy Young
    June 15, 2011 at 7:30 pm

HIII!!!!! So glad to have found you and to see a little picture of your waaay-spunky Justice. I think about you guys so often, and I'm thrilled you have a blog. I will check in again soon to see more news about how things are moving along, but from this post it sounds just perfect. I'm so happy for you guys.

Love and peace from Montana, Lindy