More H.O.P.E.

Since receiving the BAD NEWS, we have gotten our hearts and our minds around things and are feeling much better.  Everything looks better in the light of a new day…and even better after a couple of sleeps.

Without going into too many details about our case or about the BIG MIX UP…here is the skinny: We didn’t pass court because Justice’s birth Mother was unable to make it. (she has been detained)… So the court(s) in the region where she is now and in Addis have to work as a team and arrange for her to be transported to appear in court (MOWA).

Right now, we have a new date of 10/29 for MOWA and a new second court date (to appear) of 11/2….(once we pass on 10/29) This would give us approximately 72 hours (give or take) to get from Texas to Ethiopia, see our daughter and then appear in court.  (YIKES!) So….(since these dates are less than ideal….) tomorrow (tonight while we sleep) is a BIG DAY!!!

An in country (Ethiopia) representative from our agency will go and plead our case to a judge asking for a THIRD new MOWA date and a new summons for birth Mom to appear on said NEW MOWA DATE.

With all of that being said (sorry…I know it’s confusing)  This is what we are asking for:  GOD’S BEST!  We are asking for mountains to be moved and for all the pieces to be fit together.  AND for continued grace and mercy and patience.

We will keep you all updated as soon as we hear anything.  Thanks again from the bottom of our hearts for your continued love and prayers and encouragement.

Previous Story
Next Story

You Might Also Like


  • Reply
    October 6, 2010 at 4:31 pm

    Praying for those mountains to be moved! Let us know if there is anything we can do.

  • Reply
    Jim and Laura
    October 6, 2010 at 6:29 pm

    We are praying and believing with you.

  • Reply
    The Mrs.
    October 7, 2010 at 4:24 am

    Praying for good news today! Thinking of y'all.

  • Reply
    October 7, 2010 at 10:37 am

    I am praying for you…I am so sorry for the delay.


  • Leave a Reply