adoption,family

NOW for then.

The best news!  The “document drama” is over!

Our case went to court for the second time today and the judge awarded our plea for Nunc Pro Tunc! which mean Now for then.  So, after being “illegally” married for 20 years…. We have now been Legally married for 20 years! I know…this is confusing and comes as a bit of a shock to some of you out there who didn’t know what all the document drama was really all about.

Anyway…I will write a more extensively about all of this sometime down the road when it is farther away in the rear view…

NOW! We can move on with our lives and forward with our adoption process full steam ahead!  AND OH!… live happily ever after too. xo

Previous Story
Next Story

You Might Also Like

7 Comments

Tranquility
    February 22, 2009 at 7:11 am

Oh my… This sounds like there may be a very interesting story in the background somewhere! Have you posted about this before?

Talk about a unique “roadblock”!

CONGRATULATIONS on… the newly aquired legal recognition of your 20 year marriage (and congratulations on just being married for 20 years – legaly or not)!! 😉

joanofalltrades
    February 22, 2009 at 7:11 am

Congrats!

3 Bay B Chicks
    February 22, 2009 at 7:12 am

Day 3 of the Where’s Wenda? Contest is here. Today I am visiting all of the SITStas that commented on Three Bay B Chicks. That means you! Thanks so much for stopping by and for being a great SISta!

-Wenda

Katie
    February 22, 2009 at 3:45 pm

How can you be illegally married? What a bunch of bunk for a road block the fact you’ve been together for 20 years should count anyway!

Amy
    February 24, 2009 at 1:42 pm

Hi,

I saw you became a follower of mine. I just wanted to say Thanks for coming by and wanted to be a part of my blog. That made me smile. I also wanted to say good luck with your upcoming adoption. Is this your main blog I saw you had other ones?

Kat
    February 25, 2009 at 7:31 am

Congratulations on it becoming legal married and good luck on your adoption journey. I bet you can’t wait to bring justice home!

MOMSWEB
    March 31, 2009 at 9:39 pm

Belated Congratulations to you!!